Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dreams (Day 579)



Hi all!

Happy Tuesday (even though it's inching closer and closer to the end of it)! How are you all doing today? It was a very cold and dreary day here. Sorry this post is coming so late but honestly this morning, I had nothing to talk about. But this afternoon a topic finally hit me. Today I am going to talk about dreams. I'm not sure why I have this yearning to talk about dreams but it's what is on my heart today.

We all have them. Many times they change throughout our life, I know mine have. We have dreams for our family, love life, career, the list could go on and on. Let me give you some examples.

Before
Family
I wanted to get married to the man of my dreams (a complete different dream than I have now). We'd have two kids, a boy and a girl. Live in a small town with an average house. Our kids would be smart, creative, musical, athletic, and ultimately happy.

Love  
I wanted to marry this perfect man. He would be smart, musical (singing), funny, caring, romantic, sweet, family-oriented, tall, dark hair, blue eyes, older than me, all-American kinda boy. You get my drift.

Career
I really wanted to be an elementary school teacher (my mother is one) while growing up. Then I wanted to go into a medical field of some sort during my middle school and high school. But then for a short time after high school I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. And finally I decided on marketing, but obviously that didn't last. :)  

Now
Family
I do still want to get married to my dream man (working on that one). But now I want to have 4 kids, 2 girls and 2 boys, or however many God wants to bless me with. We'll live in a bigger city and have a beautiful home. Our kids will still be all the things I hoped for before, and they will be so much more. I will love them no matter what they choose to do for a living or for whoever they choose to love. They will be cultured and brought up well, learning the difference between right and wrong.   

Love
I still want to marry a perfect man, but he doesn't exist. But I will marry a man who has flaws, yet is still perfect for me. Abid is that man. But hey, it could be Darren Criss as well. If he came knockin on my door, I wouldn't be upset. *hint hint Darren* See, how gorgeous is he? And yes, I realize the picture I chose may not be the most attractive one of him that there is, but I love it because it shows his fun-loving and dorky nature. :) 

My dream man has a lot of the qualities I wanted then but so many more things. He is smart, musical, funny, caring, romantic, sweet, family-oriented, outgoing, courageous, dark hair, beautiful eyes and smile, average to thin build, average height, can speak a foreign language, and is not an all-American kinda boy (the opposite actually). 

Career
My dream is to be none of the things that I said before. I will become a Marriage and Family Therapist and I will make an impact on people's lives. Becoming a counselor is something that I cannot wait for, there is a ton of hard work involved to become one but it will be worth it. 


As you can see dreams can change. Almost everything for me has changed from childhood to adulthood. My ideal family has changed. My ideal man has changed somewhat. My career has changed. I now want a fancier big city life, full of culture, unconditional love, laughs, and so much more. 

What I'm really trying to say is follow your dreams no matter what. Never let anyone tell you that you can't accomplish your dreams. If you set your mind to it, you can do anything. You will accomplish great things. Just remember this:


Never give up on something that you're dreaming about, if you try, amazing things could happen. Keep trying, no matter how much adversity you face. It will all be worth it in the end. I will leave you with that. So until next time.

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment