Friday, February 22, 2013

Year 1 Day 154 (Day 519)

Hi all!

Happy Friday! How is everyone doing today? It's a snowy day here, which I'm not necessarily a fan of but it is what it is. Honestly, I wish that I could live down south during the winter and up here during the summer, but alas, that will not be happening anytime soon. Oh well, I'll survive.

This morning I was on Facebook just browsing around I stumbled across this picture. It really rings true to me because I have found that I do hate myself for what I'm not sometimes. I feel like I should be more or closer to my goal than I'm at now. And I've realized that when I think about that, I'm really sabotaging myself. What I need to do is start complimenting myself for who I am right now and the positive steps that I am taking to better myself.

Eh... I am so yearning to exercise. I'm hating the fact that I can't exercise right now. Yeah, I'm allowed to walk some but I want to do some intense working out (A few years ago, I never thought I would be saying that :) ). I would walk today but I know that tomorrow I'll be walking a bunch (I go shopping with my mom and SIL on Saturdays and it definitely wipes me out).

Since it's Friday it's time to link up with Allie and Brin to talk about the week's Pit's & Peak's.

button

Pits
1. I still am unable to exercise  
2. It's snowing
3. I miss Abid a freakish amount :(
4. My back is still causing me a ton of pain
5. I had an emotional afternoon and ate more than I should

Peaks
1. My nutrition is back on track
2. My water in-take is back up where it should be
3. Abid is going back to his home so he'll have internet again! :) (This is both a positive and negative for him. It's good because we'll be able to talk and see each other on Skype again. It's bad because his job isn't working out for him)

Like I said above, Abid will be heading back home. While this makes me so happy because he and I will be able to Skype on a regular basis again. But then it makes me sad because he is struggling so much there. His job has really long hours with a small salary (today he called me at 2 pm which is 1 am his time, and he had just gotten home from work. He had started work over 12 hours before that and that's way too much for the type of job he had). It broke my heart when we were on the phone today, because he almost started crying (I could tell from his voice). He was telling me how he could live there without me and if I was able to, I would be there right now. Gosh, I cannot wait until we're together. I know deep in my heart that Abid and I are meant to be together, even if some people don't understand it. Our love is true and only continues to grow. 

But I need to go get dinner marinating and then continue my paper and discussion. So until next time. 

~Sara~

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are snowed in! I know how frustrating it is when you feel that you are held captive by the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya on the snow situation! I like to have about one good snow a year and then I've had my fix! You are so right about loving yourself and being proud of your accomplishments RIGHT NOW. You are strong, you are beautiful, and you are more than people say you are, RIGHT NOW. :) So sorry you are having to deal with the LD relationship, I know that has to be hard!

    ReplyDelete