Sunday, February 24, 2013

Year 1 Day 156 (Day 521)

Hi all!

Happy Sunday! How is everyone doing today? It is an absolutely gorgeous day today, sunny with a high of 35. Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday, I was crazy busy all day. We had to leave earlier than usual in the morning because my mom had a dentist appointment at 9:30, so we were out the door by 9 and we didn't get back until close to 4:30 and then we had to head off to church. After church I did have some time to relax but I needed to work on some schoolwork. I'll be honest, I made some unhealthy choices in the afternoon and I would have been fine if I wouldn't have kept on snacking at night. Not a great way to end my week, but it is what it is. I can't change it.

It's a new day and a new week and it's weigh-in day. I gained .6 pounds, and looking at all the factors, that's a major win. For all of your sake, I won't go into all of those factors because a few would be major TMI, but there are factor's working against me. But one thing I do need to work on this week is my nutrition  I did okay with it last week, but I could have made a lot better choices sometimes, and my snacking needs to improve. If I do feel the need to snack, I need to make healthier choices. This week, my main goal is to only snack on healthier items (fruits, veggies, peanut butter, ect...)

I want to be honest with everyone and share something that I've really been thinking about. I've really realized that I have such a hard time with my snacking, and something needs to change. So I've been looking into an over eaters group or something like that to see if it would help me. And there is one about 25 minutes from where I live but my car is not suppose to be driven on the high way, so there goes that idea for now. But I really think that it would be help, just to be able to talk to other people who understand how I'm feeling. My mom understands what I'm feeling to an extent but yet she still buys all of these foods that I'm trying to stay away from, so it's difficult. I don't think she understands my struggles completely but it is what it is.

I do have to say, I am loving my class a freakish amount! It's a small class, only 7 of us, plus our professor. Honestly, I love having small classes like this, because then we can really get to know one another better. But oh boy, I have a lot to get done this week. I need to finish up my reading that I didn't finish last week (oops) only 20 pages left of that though. And then 63 pages in another book for this week. Plus finishing up my paper that's due next Sunday. Thankfully I already finished my initial discussion posting for this week, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Today I found just another reason why I love my digital food scale so much. I made myself an afternoon snack, whole grain waffles with mixed berries, powdered sugar and cinnamon (delicious and only 271 calories!). So I grab my food scale to measure my mixed berries, a serving size is 1 cup or 140 grams (according to the nutrition label). I go ahead and set my measuring cup on my scale (saw how much it weighed and will at 140 grams to that number) and I hit the 140 gram total and it's not 1 total cup. Honestly, it was closer to 3/4 cup. Just goes to show you, measuring your food is the may to go. If I wouldn't have measured my berries, the calories that I ate would be altered a little (and yes, they are just berries so the calories wouldn't be a freakish amount off, but still). If I wasn't sold on measuring food completely before, I am now! :)

Since it's Sunday, we are having my brother, SIL and nieces and nephew over for dinner tonight. As many of you know, this is where I struggle a lot (because of all the dang food my mother makes). But I refuse to overeat tonight. Do you hear that body and mind, I will NOT overeat tonight. I am getting way too close to that stupid number that I never want to see again, and I won't EVER see it again.

But I really should get back to my homework. So until next time.

~Sara~

1 comment:

  1. I, too, struggle with overeating in social situations. I'm not sure that it ever gets easier, I think our will power just gets stronger. I think attending a meeting would be a great idea. I've thought about doing the same!

    ReplyDelete