Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Day 2

Hi, all!

It is a gorgeous day here in Wisconsin. The next few days are going to be scorchers but then it will cool off and be in the 50's and 60's, which I am incredibly excited for!

Yesterday I made some goals for myself: 
1. Track everything I put in my body
2. Drink water - not soda
3. Workout for 10 minutes, 3 times/day
4. Walk at least 5000 steps

These were the main goals I had and I am happy to say that I achieved them! I tracked everything I ate, even when I did not want to track. In fact, I stuck to my calorie goal! I did not drink any soda. I walked for 31 minutes and had 6,336 steps. All-in-all, day 1 was a success! There were different times when I faced temptation and I succeeded. Honestly, I am proud of myself! 

Today I am giving myself the same goals. I have already faced and surpassed temptation today. My husband wanted to go and get fast food for breakfast, I was close to caving in and having him get me the normal thing I would have chosen. It would have been 1250 calories and there are half of my calories for the day. Instead, I opted for Subway and got a bacon, egg white, and cheese on whole grain flatbread. It was delicious, healthy, and only 370 calories. I added some yogurt and coffee at home to it and it was a wonderful breakfast. 

The rest our day is going to be busy. My husband and I are going and getting a copy of our marriage license. Then tomorrow we can go change my social security card, go to the DMV, and finally change all of my information at our bank and at my school. And of course, I need to continue to work on thank you cards from our wedding. Since we are going to be pretty busy for the next few days, it takes most of my self-control to stop myself from saying that we should just go out and grab food quickly. Instead, I am making healthier food choices. I made a quick and healthy lunch at home before we are heading out. I need to continue to make healthy choices because it will be far too easy to slide back into my old habits. 

Until next time!
~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment