Tuesday, January 6, 2015

No excuses

Hi all!

Happy Tuesday! How are you all doing today? It's a beautiful, yet cold day here in southeastern Wisconsin. Today it only feels like -11 with windchill instead of -25, like it was yesterday. Is winter over yet?!? I'll answer my own question, not by a long shot. November and December were incredibly mild, so January and February for sure, will probably be full on winter. This week our highest high is 16 and that's before windchill. It is what it is though and I'll deal with it.

This morning I realized how much I was wallowing in my sickness and emotions lately. Honestly, I just wanted to shake myself and just yell at myself. So I gave myself a little pep talk and I'm choosing to have a more positive attitude and get back to my usual happy self. I have been making excuses, plain and simple, and that needs to stop now. Yes, I am sick, but I can't change that. What I can change is how I handle it. I do need to rest, that was doctor's orders, but I still will be up and do some light working out. So this morning, I put on my exercise shoes, HRM, and ankle weights and did some walking and a little strength training.

I haven't been feeling the greatest about myself, physically, we all experience that sometimes. I have been feeling sort of discouraged because I had gained some weight back last year and clothing that was loose on me is now tighter again. Yes, it does suck that those things happened, but they did happen. It's time to look at the big picture, I'm down 23 pounds from my heaviest weight. I'm wearing a size 20 pants instead of a 24. Today I'm wearing a size XL shirt when before it would have needed to be an XXL. I've lost about 7.5% of my body weight. I can't complain about any of these things, I am smaller than I was and just losing 7.5% of my body weight has a great deal of health benefits.

Starting today I am going to be doing more strength training. I know that I can't really build a whole lot of muscle while I'm eating at a calorie deficit, but it can help me to get leaner. No more excuses this year. I want to see amazing changes in my mind and body. Losing weight will happen, as long as I continue to eat at a deficit but that's not the most important thing. Ultimately, I just want to be healthy. Healthy is not a clothing size or a number on the scale. It's how I feel about myself. I hope that you all remember this fact as well.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment