Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Strength Training and School Work

Hi all!

Happy Wednesday! How are you all doing today? I am absolutely wonderful, feeling motivated and a good sore. It's another cold day here, but I'm not letting that get me down. Today I'm feeling really great, motivated, happy, and just excited for life. It is truly amazing what a positive attitude does for you, emotionally and physically.

This morning I had a killer legs and cardio day, by the end of my strength training session, my legs were shaking. The last 30 seconds of it, I almost didn't make it through because my legs were shaking so much. It was difficult to finish that session but I pushed through and I'm proud of myself. The exercises I did were not difficult by any means, I just haven't done any strength training in awhile. It has literally been months. After looking at my records, I realized that it's been between 11 and 12 months since my last consistent strength training sessions! God, no wonder why my muscles were screaming at me during my workout. I've done some consistent cardio between now and then but never strength training. I just need to ask myself one thing, why?!? Why on earth would I do that to myself? Things could be very different right now if I would have continued with strength training, but it is what it is. Let me tell you, I am ridiculously sore right now. I needed to bring my fitness equipment back upstairs and it was not an easy task. That just means that my lower body muscles are awake now.

This morning I decided to take some photos of myself, baring most of myself. I wasn't able to hide behind clothing. As much as I dislike taking pictures of myself like that, I think that it's crucial. One thing that I'm really trying to do is to not focus on the number on the scale. Comparing pictures, especially one's with fewer clothes, and measurements are really telling. I encourage everyone to take measurements and photos consistently, they may show your progress in a different way. It gives you a different perspective than just relying on the scale. I don't know about all of you, but I would rather feel and look healthier at a higher weight, than the other way around.

My class opened up two days ago, so I'm enjoying getting things prepared for my class to officially start on Monday. I've set up my homework chart, saved everything that I need to onto my computer and began working on my assignments. Yesterday, I turned in all of my week one assignments and began working on week two assignments. I figure, this session of class will not be all that busy because there's only one class, whereas beginning in session two, I'll be in three classes (including the one I'm in now). So I'm working ahead as much as possible, while I do have the time. Starting in the middle of February, things are going to get ridiculously busy again. Oh well, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for my undergrad work, only 4 months until graduation!

Well, I'm off to work on some school work. I hope you all have a wonderful afternoon and evening. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment