Friday, January 3, 2014

Honesty

Hi all!

How are you all doing today? See, I told you that you’d see me soon, I’m here two times in one day. :) My last post I had originally written yesterday but I forgot to post it… Oops, my brain sometimes, I tell ya. I got it posted either way and now I wanted to post again with today’s thoughts.

This morning I finally got my first measurements of the year in and I wanted to share them and give a comparison to last years. Even though some of the numbers were hard to see, it was necessary. I really needed to just start fresh and see where I am currently. Looking back, the numbers aren’t horrible, they are much better from where I originally started and yeah, they aren’t where I’d like them to be, but I’m going to move forward. Since I began back in 2011 I have lost 19.1 inches, 6 off my hips, 4.1 off my waist, 2.5 off my chest, 1.5 off my neck, 1.75 off my thigh (I always measure the right), 2.5 off my calf, and .75 off my upper arm. Along with 4.6 points off my BMI and 37 pounds lost. I honestly cannot complain about that because everywhere is smaller than when I started. :) Oh, and I took some body pictures this morning for comparison.

One thing that I really need to get back to is being 100% honest with myself, especially on here. When I started this blog, it wasn’t to try to get people to read it or follow me. I started this to help me, to get all my thoughts out in a safe way. It’s actually pretty counterproductive for me to lie to myself, how is that helping? My vow to myself and to all of you out there is to be completely honest, no matter what. Whether what I have to say is positive or negative, I will not sugar coat things.

Now, with that being said, I need to be honest with you all about something. This is something that I didn’t mention in my last post and I really feel like I should. Ever since my job fell through and I wasn’t able to find another one, I have become pretty depressed. Just really, down on myself, feeling worthless and I don’t know how to break this feeling. How many of you have felt like that? I have been trying for months to get through this and I’m really hoping that beginning to blog again will help. These months that I’ve been feeling this way were really lonely and I wasn’t blogging, just keeping everything locked inside. Now that I’m trying to be more open again, hopefully I can work through a few things.

I think it’s about time to sign off. I’m off to write my boyfriend a letter and relax for a little while. Stay warm every one, I know that I’m going to have to work on that in the coming days. So until next time!


~Sara~

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say I know exactly where you are coming from. After a horrible work/study situation I got really depressed. Blogging (even if I wasn't actually honest over how I was feeling) really helped. I think it gave an outlet where I could forget all the things that were rubbish and just be the me I wanted. Also as I've lost weight (again the bloggging community has been invaluble in this) my confidence has been rebuilt and I much more at ease with myself. Its taken a year but I'm in a much better place, mentally and physically.

    I think one of the things that helped the most was learning to vut myself some slack and not constantly agaonise and berate myself over it, whether thats the job situation or just being depressed.

    anyway I hope you start to feel better soon, and if you ever want to talk about it with someone who is removed from the situation (I found being able to vent and moan to an austrailian friend invaluble) then just email me.

    Toodles

    ReplyDelete