Monday, May 13, 2013

I Jogged!!! (Day 599)

Hi all!

Happy Monday (and yes, it is very happy)! How are you all doing today? Are you all ready to start the new week? What are you doing to make this week great?

So, I have crazy exciting news I want to share with you and I cannot contain myself. This morning I wanted to try out a new workout, so I went to my collection of fitness videos. I found a low impact one, so I decided I wanted to try it out but it was only 10 minutes. So I did the video and decided that I was going to do some jogging. When I jog, I turn on my playlist and I usually can only jog to 1 or 1.5 songs but not today.
I jogged for 18.35 freaking minutes!!!!!


I still cannot believe it, but I just pushed myself and jogged through 5 songs. My legs were killing by the end of it but I actually did it. I was so freaking excited that I decided to take a picture and share it with all of you (and yes, it's not the most attractive picture, but I was psyched!) In the past, I always made up excuses on why I couldn't run/jog. 
- I'm too fat to jog
- It's bad for my joints
- I just won't like it

Blah, blah blah... Those were all horrible excuses. I've seen people who weigh more than me jogging, so that excuse is out. Yeah, it's not the best for my joints but that doesn't stop other people. Yeah, it will be boring and I probably won't like it if I was only doing it on a treadmill or at home. But if I were to ever go jogging outside, I just may like it. All-in-all, I could be a jogger/runner some day... And that's saying something coming from me. :)

This whole jogging thing was even more exciting because I ate way too much at dinner last night. We ordered this really delicious pizza from my favorite pizza place in town, for mother's day. I don't know why, but I can do so well with my eating and eat in moderation  but when it comes to pizza I cannot control myself. Someday pizza will not have this control over me, I am bound and determined to make sure that happens. Anyways... we ordered the pizza and my goal was to only have one plate (like 3 slices, they are cut into squares). Well, that definitely did not happen. I had more like 10 or 12 squares. Yeah... I'm not proud of that but it is what it is. Today is a new day. 

While doing some thinking this morning, my attitude is different. I woke up and was determined to have a good day. So I decided to workout and have it be a great workout. Now I'm feeling so energized, positive, and happy. I love the endorphins that exercise gives me and I really do need to get back into a exercise routine. When I have one, my mood is happier and I want that back. Yeah... life isn't ideal right now, but there's not much I can do about it. Everything with Abid will workout somehow and me stressing over it, won't help matters any. It's hard for me to accept that I've done everything that I can so far and now it's just a waiting game. This very thing is what I have told Abid more times than I can count... what I need to do is take my own advice. Everything will workout somehow, I know it.

This morning I registered for my fall classes and it's really sinking in. After my fall classes, I only have 7 classes left before graduation! Only 7, that's freaking crazy to me! As long as I take 2 classes every five week, I will be graduating with my Bachelor's in the spring. And in December of January I will be applying for my Master's and God-willing that I get accepted, I should be starting that next fall. It's really crazy to think about but I cannot wait to see where I am by next fall. Who knows where I will be in my weight loss journey, I could be really close to my goal if I keep working hard (and I just realized that as of my last weigh-in, I am now only 110 pounds away from my goal. Much better than the 155 pounds away I was at before :) ). 

But I suppose... this has been long post. And I have a new week of homework to get started on. I hope you all have a wonderful day! So until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment