Friday, March 15, 2013

Progress (Day 540)

Hi all!

Happy Friday! How is everyone doing today? You've made it through the week, that's a great accomplishment! :) It's snowy here today, but a bit warmer (35 degrees, and yes, in Wisconsin that is warm :) ). I had my doctor appointment this morning and he said that I'm making good progress, but he wants to see me in a month just to make sure I keep progressing. As my doctor said today, it doesn't matter where you are right now, all that matters is that you're heading in the right direction. I think about this with my weight loss/exercise as well, just keep making small changes and they lead to great things.

Today I walked 2 miles! That is huge for me, it took me about 46 minutes (long way for me to go if I want to walk a 5K in 45 minutes). Plus I did more upper body strength training while walking and dang... I can feel it in my arms, especially my shoulders. I did 5 sets of 10 of bicep curls, hammer curls, lateral shoulder raises, chest press, shoulder row, and tricep extensions. Plus another one (I don't know the name of it), I held my weights up near my head almost in a sense that I was flexing my bicep (without the flex) and just held it for 1 minute, I did that 5 times as well. That one I felt the most. It's crazy just how much 2 lb weights can do. Next week won't be too bad, my plan has me walking 30 minutes on Monday, 2 miles on Wednesday, and 2.25 miles on Friday (or whatever day I choose to do each). Plus more walking on the other days of the week. But I'm sure proud of myself for keeping up with this program now. I can't believe that in a few weeks I will be walking my first 5K! Once I accomplish that, I am going to work on my 5K time and hopefully do some more intense cross training.

So yesterday was a high carb day, and honestly my high carb days aren't that high. But it was weird having pasta for lunch and rice/bread with dinner (we put rice in our chili instead of noodles). Oh and then I had plain waffles as an night time snack. They were all really good, and I was still plenty under my carb goals (craziness I tell you)! Actually I was well under on all of my numbers including calories. Plus I found out that the chili we've been having all week will have fewer calories than I originally thought. I put down on the recipe that there are 12 servings, well it will be at least 15 serving for that pot. So my calories, carbs, protein, and fats are a little lower each day than originally calculated. Oh well, it happens.

This morning was amazing, I got up did all the things I had to do to get ready. I came down stairs, made myself a cup of coffee and opened up my computer. To my surprise I had a message on Skype from Abid from a few minutes before! What?!? It said he was offline but I sent him a message back anyways, not thinking anything. But he responded to me, he was online! He was at his friends house and we were able to talk for about 45 minutes (before my doctor appointment). I wasn't able to see him because his friend doesn't have a cam, but I was able to hear his voice and he was able to see me. It was like how it use to be when we talked every day. Oh, it was so nice. He sent me a few newer pictures of himself (he's looking handsome as always). Of course he wasn't smiling in the picture, his excuse was because he's not with me so he can't smile. (Cheesy, I know. But it was cute :) ). I guess it's no different than his "fake" smile in most of his other pictures. He told me that once we're together and we have pictures together, he will do his real smile. He is such a goon! :) (One of the many reasons why I love him).

Today I'm catching up on blogs (I follow so many awesome bloggers). Plus responding to some discussion postings for school. Have a wonderful afternoon/evening everyone! So until next time!

~Sara~


1 comment:

  1. Now following via Bloglovin. Would LOVE to have you join our weekly Bloglovin Hop, too.

    Bloglovin Blog Hop

    Take care,
    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete