Thursday, September 21, 2017

New Beginnings

Hi, all!

Yesterday I was feeling incredibly down on myself because of the episode of BED that I had the day before. I am so thankful that each day offers a new beginning. Even though I was feeling down yesterday, I did not let that impact my day. My husband and I had a busy day yesterday, I had my social security card changed and changed my name down at our bank. These things kept me busy for a little while and of course, homework did as well. It is amazing how different one day can be from another. On Tuesday, I ate 4,250 calories, which is difficult to admit. And then yesterday was a completely different day. I ate 1,885 calories and did not feel hungry by the end of the night. My calories from yesterday were around what I was eating regularly before when I was trying to lose weight. The calorie difference between those two days was another days worth of calories. This journey is filled with ups and downs.

I was also honest with my husband about some of my struggles. This is something that I knew needed to be done, I cannot hide these struggles from him. Since I was hiding my struggles from him, he was enabling my eating disorder. He wanted fast food, yeah I'm definitely down for that. He wants snacks, totally okay with that. Something sweet, yes, please! When I was finally honest with him, he has gone away from asking if I want some fast food or snacks or sweets. He will ask if I want anything but he would grab me something healthy if I asked for it. My husband is wonderful, he is so supportive of me making healthier choices and was there for me on Tuesday night when I was feeling down about myself for the BED episode. I am so lucky to have him.

I suppose it is time to get going on homework. Until next time.

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment