Sunday, September 24, 2017

Moving Forward in Recovery

 Hi, all!

It is another hot one here today, only two more days until this crazy heat ends. The end is in sight and 60-degree weather is on the horizon. I am so ready for that change because I hate the hot weather. Zak and I went outside for a few minutes this morning around 9 and it was already almost 80 degrees. I am so thankful that we have an air-conditioned house and vehicle.

I am happy to announce that I am officially 4 days binge free. There were different times yesterday where I was wondering if a binge would happen because my mind was fried. I had a panic attack and binges usually happen surrounding when I have a panic or anxiety attack. I am incredibly proud of myself for going this long without one because that has not happened since June. I am hoping that this means that I can continue to move forward with my recovery and not continuously take steps backward. I am excited that today is day 5 binge free, but today will be a challenge. We typically have family over for dinner on Sunday nights, which means there will be a bunch of food. Tonight, we will be grilling out with burgers, brats, and hotdogs. So, I have already done some pre-planning and put it in my food planner. Now I just need to stick to it and I will be good.

It has been really difficult for me since we do not have a working scale right now. We recently moved, so it has been packed away and it needs new batteries. Not being able to track my weight throughout this journey is a new experience for me. In some ways, it is refreshing because I am not so focused on the number on the scale but it would be nice to see my progress. I am hoping to get the scale set up sometime today so I can weigh-in tomorrow morning. I have not weighed myself in a while, so I am interested to see what it is now.

Well, I am off. I need to get some homework done before we have people over tonight. I hope you all have a wonderful day! Until next time.


~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment