Saturday, September 23, 2017

This Journey is Personal

Hi, all!

It is another hot one here today so I will be spending most of my time inside. As my late post, yesterday stated, I did not binge! That is three days in a row without a binge and I am SO proud of myself! It has been a long time since I have not binged every day. Now I am going on day 4 binge free and I cannot wait to see what the day holds. After I took my walk this morning, I sat down and looked at my numbers from this week. Even with the binge on Tuesday, after my exercise calories and food, the deficit is 2635 calories. It could have been a lot more without the binge but I am counting this week as a win.

One thing that I realized this morning while I was walking is that I love making healthier food choices and working out. My body feels better when I do these things. Before it was hard to see these things because I was continuously fueling my body with tons of extra calories than necessary. All I would eat is high-calorie food, with very few fruits and vegetables. My body was craving something nutritious. Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect all the time and I still feed my body junk sometimes. Right now I'm eating a pint of Halo Top Mint Chip ice cream and I'm enjoying all 240 calories of it. But for dinner, I had some stead and peaches, which were absolutely scrumptious. In my nutritional plan, I will not deprive myself of anything. In my past experience, that is when I binge on those things that I want but do not give myself. All I can do is find a plan that works for me.

Well, it's getting late and I am going to finish enjoying my Halo Top Mint Chip ice cream, watching a movie, and spend some time with my husband. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment