Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Goals and Overcoming Challenges

Hi, all!

How are you all today? It's a pretty nice day here, the upper 70s - low 80s, and tomorrow it's supposed to be 65! Tomorrow is the day that I have been waiting for and it's almost here. I cannot describe how excited I am.

Yesterday was a rough day for me in many ways but I am happy to say that I did not binge. I am 6 days binge free and today is 1 week since my last binge! Yesterday I was close to bingeing far too many times but I was able to fight against them and I won. One thing that I tried to keep in my mind when I wanted to binge was that it would not make my problem(s) better. Bingeing would not make the disappeared school documents reappear. It would not take away my anxiety and panic. In fact, it would only have made those things worse. After I binge, I feel lonely, insecure, inadequate, embarrassed, and countless other things. Not to mention that it would set me back on my weight loss journey. I am working my butt off to get to a healthy weight and I do not want to let a binge set me back. Last week, I am lucky that my binge did not set me too far back but I do not want to take that risk. Before I was trying to eat better again, I was bingeing mostly every day and that is what caused my weight to rise to a new high. I refuse to continue to go through this vicious cycle of eating well and then bingeing. Far too often for me, when I binge once, then I struggle a lot to get back on track. I cannot keep doing this to myself.

Most of my goals for this week are the same as last week. But I am also including to walk for 30 minutes every morning and to aim for 5,000 steps each day. It is amazing to me that not long ago I was struggling to get 2000 steps. Yes, my pain level is still the same as it was then but now I am not using it as an excuse. Currently, I am working toward getting back to 15,000+ steps each day. It is a slow process because my pain is fairly intense but I am hoping that once I find a helpful treatment with my doctor that I will be able to get back to that point.

Well, it is time to get to work on my school work. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment