Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Progress, not Perfection

Hi, all!

Happy Tuesday! How are you all doing today? I'm doing fairly well and I'm enjoying this new week. It's the final full week of the month, how are you doing on achieving your goals? My goals are going well thus far, especially the monthly ones. :)

I began writing a post yesterday and I was going to write about how wonderful my day was going and talk about the week ahead. Well, that didn't happen because I received some unwelcome mail that turned my day quite negative. Thankfully I have everything all worked out, as of last night, and I was able to stay on track nutritionally. After receiving the piece of mail, I started applying to jobs around here and, amazingly enough, I have an interview tomorrow morning and I just applied yesterday. I'm hoping for a positive outcome to this interview because it would help my situation a lot!

Although yesterday was not pleasant throughout the day, I have something very exciting that came out of it. During the troubled time, I did not turn to food to help me work through it. Typically, I would have turned to food as soon as I received the piece of mail. I would have eaten a large quantity and done so throughout the afternoon and evening. I've gotta tell you, I'm incredibly proud of myself for not turning to food and sticking with my nutritional goals. In fact, when this happened, I didn't even think about turning to food. At all! I didn't turn to food, that is SO FREAKING AMAZING! This means that I'm making progress with my food addiction and that makes me so dang happy. This kind of thing may not always happen and I may turn to food sometimes, but this is progress. I'm not perfect, but all I can ask for is that I continue to move forward.

Okay, now that I have all this news out of the way. Yesterday I did really well both nutritionally and with my fitness. I was under my calorie goal by a couple hundred calories and I had a 41-minute walk. For some reason, my legs were feeling sort of fatigued, so I didn't get to walk at the level I normally do. But, a workout is a workout.

Well, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my afternoon. I hope that you all had a wonderful Monday and your Tuesday is even better. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment