Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day and Progress

Hi, all!

Happy Monday! And more importantly, happy Memorial Day! I am so thankful for those men and women who have sacrificed their own lives in order to save ours. How did your weekend go? Did you make healthy food choices? Have a good workout? I had a great weekend, I worked out once and stayed under my calorie goal both days. The weather here has been crazy today, it's been rainy one minute and then the sun is shining. Oh well, I'll be inside most of the day anyways.

I'm incredibly proud of myself for something that happened yesterday. After church, my mom and I went out for lunch at this delicious Italian restaurant and anyone who knows me, knows how much I love Italian food. Anyways, we had Italian food and I made a better food choice than I normally would have. Typically, I would have gotten a huge serving of pasta and eaten all of it. However, I order a sandwich and some minestrone soup. I even only ate half of the sandwich at lunch and had the rest of it for dinner. Things are changing for the better in regards to my food choices and I can't be happier about it.

This evening we're grilling out, even though it's a rainy day, and I've already tracked what I'll be eating. It is things like this that are different from before I changed my life. Honestly, things are different from even a month ago. Before I allowed myself a 'cheat' day and I think that was where I struggled a great deal. When I allowed myself to eat a higher amount of calories once a week definitely took away from the progress I made throughout the week. Also, I shouldn't need to 'cheat' because I'm allowing myself to eat everything within moderation throughout the week. All of the foods I eat should fit into my calorie goal. Those 'cheat' days really did throw me off because it made it harder to get back on track the next day. So, no more 'cheat' days and focus more on making sure things fit into my nutritional goals for the week.

Today I decided that I'm going to do more strength training and not just upper body! I did a shorter, whole body strength training session today. My session could have been longer, but some are better than none. Hopefully, I'll be able to increase my strength training sessions from here on out. Along with my strength training, I walked for 32 minutes and I'm feeling great! It's especially wonderful because I wasn't sure if I was going to work out or not when I woke up this morning. But I decided that I not only should work out but crave to do it. I never regret a workout, but sometimes I regret not working out. So, I got my workout in and loved every minute of it.

Okay, well I'm off. Time to watch the baseball game and get a few things ready for dinner tonight. I hope that you all have a wonderful Monday, week and Memorial Day! Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment