Sunday, May 24, 2015

Weigh-In, Recap and Weekly Goals

Hi, all!

Happy Sunday! How are you all doing on this lovely day? Today marks the beginning of a new week, did you achieve your goals last week? Don't forget to set some goals this week! It's in the lower-70's here today, which makes me a very happy girl. Today's been quite busy, I had church in the morning and then had to run some errands for half of the afternoon. Now I'm back home and able to relax for a little while.

It's Sunday, which means it's my official weigh-in day! I was surprised by the number on the scale today, but I'm trying to not let it bother me.

Starting Weight: 315 lbs
Last Weight: 309.4 lbs
Current Weight: 308.8 lbs
Weight Lost: 6.2 lbs

I weighed in at 308.8, which is a loss of .6 pounds. Honestly, I was expecting a bigger loss this week but I'm not worrying about it too much. I think I'm retaining a bit of water because I've been drinking a lot of water lately. Especially because my nutrition and exercise warranted a bigger loss. Weighing in daily has made me focus more on the number on the scale, so that is something that I definitely need to work on in the coming weeks. I'm going to continue weighing in daily because of the study I'm participating in, but I'm going to focus less on the number and more on how I'm feeling each day.

Okay, now it's time for a recap of last weeks goals. I lost .6 pounds which means I achieved my weight goal. During the week, I worked out 4 times totaling 197 minutes, which is 77 minutes over my goal. One thing I'm really proud of is the fact that I ate within my calorie goal each day! This is something that rarely happens but I'm making changes to myself and it's definitely showing in my eating habits. I weighed in daily for the weight loss study. Each day I stayed positive, even on those days where I was feeling fatigued. Throughout the week, I blogged every day except one, so I definitely achieved that goal. I'm really proud of the progress I've made with my food addiction this week. I didn't stop for fast food three separate times when I normally would have and I made good food choices throughout the week. Most importantly, I didn't let food control my life, I was in control. That is huge for me! Food always consumed my thoughts but now it's not. I can't even begin to describe how amazing this feels. I know that it won't always be like this and there will be certain times where maintaining control will be difficult, but I'm thankful for the easier time I had this past week.

Now onto this weeks goals, they are exactly the same as last week.

1. Lose .5 - 1 pound
2. Complete 4 cardio sessions, 30 minutes each (at least 120 minutes)
3. Eat within my calorie goal (2300) at least 5 days
4. Weigh-in daily
5. Stay positive
6. Blog at least 3 days
7. Continue to work through my food addiction

I'm hoping that starting my new job this week won't affect me achieving my goals negatively. Okay, well, this post has gotten long enough as it is, so I'm off. I hope that you all have a wonderful afternoon. Also, if I don't get to post tomorrow, Happy Memorial Day! Until next time!

~Sara~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment