Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Life

Hi, all!

Happy Wednesday! How are you all doing today? It's another beautiful day here in southeastern Wisconsin and I'm just feeling happy today. I was blessed with another day to live my life freely, without many restrictions. This is something not all people get to say, so I am thankful. Last night and earlier this morning I was pondering on this and I the fact that life is short was forefront in my mind. After losing one of my best friends 6.5 years ago, I realize how short life is and how it can end at any moment. I think this is something that we forget sometimes, we don't realize how any of us could be gone in a minute. Each of us have been blessed with another day of life and we need to embrace it and live. Today I want to remind each of you (and myself) to live, don't focus on the past because we can't change it. Live for today and look toward the future. Most importantly, do things you love, pursue your passions, don't take people for granted because you never know when it will be your last day (or theirs). When my best friend died, I wasn't able to say goodbye to her because of our accident and that haunted me for awhile. I never told her how much she meant to me and that her friendship was precious to me. Don't make the same mistake I did, tell your friends and family how much they mean to you because if you don't do it now, you might never get to.

I have to tell you, I'm feeling extremely blessed lately because I've had more good days than bad. This is something that probably won't always happen, I accept that fact, however, I'm glad that things are like this in the beginning. There will be days that I struggle and there will be days where I do well, however, I am going to use each day to learn more about myself and work through my food addiction. I have come to the realization that I will probably never eat completely clean, I will have some processed foods in my diet. I'll go out to eat from time to time. I'll have pizza, nachos, Chinese, Italian, chips, ice cream, and thousands of other foods. And yes, sometimes I will eat more than I should, it is a part of life. I'm not perfect if you didn't already know that, and you aren't either. None of us are perfect, 100% of the time. There will be times where we overeat or eat something that isn't 100% healthy. So what? That's life sometimes and we deal with it. Heck, there will be weeks (sometimes months) where we maintain or gain weight, but we shouldn't be ashamed. These things are all a part of our journey and there's  nothing we can do about it. We each need to own up to our mistakes and the things that we struggle with if we don't then we can never move past them.

Okay, moving onto yesterday's results. I had a pretty good day, I was under my calories again and had a shorter workout. I'm proud of myself though because my mother and I went out for dinner (it was teacher appreciation day and she got a free meal. Also, my father was working last night.). The restaurant we went to has a variety of yummy food, plus a lot of higher calorie options. However, I ordered foods that would fit into my nutritional goals, plus it was delicious. In the afternoon, I also had a shorter workout. I started out walking with 2 lb dumbells, but my ankle and hip were hurting, so then I just did some upper body strength training. In the past, I probably would have just stopped and not worked out because of this. Honestly, I probably would have just eaten crappy then as well. Things are different now though and I continued to eat within my calorie range and I exercised in a way that I could without pain. I may do the same today or I might have a rest day, only time will tell.

This morning I went out for coffee with my best friend again, I'm loving these get together's with her. Sadly, within a few days things will get back to our normal and then I won't see her for awhile. In fact, I may not see her in person again before I move. This is life, being an adult and being away from your best friend isn't fun. Distance won't get in between our friendship though. I'm going to be seeing her again tonight and we'll either be getting coffee or dinner with another one of our friends.

Well, I'm off to make myself some lunch. I hope that you all have an amazing afternoon and evening. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment