Monday, January 12, 2015

Weigh-In and Misleading Scale

Hi all!

Happy Monday! How are you all doing today? It's an absolutely beautiful day here, a bit cold, but beautiful. It's suppose to be warming up this week, today is going to be our coldest day. By the end of the week, it'll be in the upper 30s again! :) 

Yesterday was my official weigh-in day, but I weighed myself again this morning because today is when we are supposed to weigh-in for my challenge. My weigh-in yesterday put me at 294.4, I'm retaining water, majorly. This morning when I weighed-in I was down to 293.8, so better than yesterday. I'm not too worried about this "gain" though, I logged it and I'm moving forward.

Starting Weight: 315 lbs
Last Weight: 291.6 lbs
Current Weight: 293.8 lbs
Weight Lost: 21.2 lbs

Today I want to talk about something that I'm living through right now, my weigh-in this week brought this point up for me. The scale can be very misleading and it is not everything! This week it told me that I gained between 2 and 3 pounds this week, which I know is not true. I ate at or under my calorie goal at least 5 of 7 days this past week and began working out a bit harder, including strength training. Not to mention that I didn't eat an extra 7000-10,500 calories. My muscles are retaining the water they need to help recuperate from my toning sessions. Yesterday, I could have easily gotten discouraged and made unhealthy food choices, but I didn't. I know how I feel and I feel great! I know that the weight I "gained" this week will come off, in fact, .6 pounds came off since yesterday. This is just a part of the journey. Sometimes water retention happens or anything else, but we can't get discouraged. 

It's Monday, which means it's upper body toning today. I'm psyched for it and I'm sure my arms and shoulders are going to kill tomorrow, but I love having sore muscles in that sense. Do any of you love having those sore muscles too? In my opinion, having sore muscles for a few days is definitely worth it when I'll be getting a smaller and healthier body. 

Well, it's time to finish my breakfast and then get going on my workout. I've got a busy day ahead, I have a lot to get done this week. I hope that you all have a wonderful day. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment