Thursday, January 1, 2015

First Weigh-In of 2015

Hi all!

Happy Thursday and happy 2015! :) Did you all have a good new year's eve? Mine was incredibly boring, just as I imagined. Sat at home, talked to my best friend on the phone and did some reading. In other words, it was a pretty typical Wednesday night. :) Oh and I also watched something on TV that my favorite singer/actor participated in and it was spectacular. He helped sing a medley of Frank Sinatra songs, it doesn't get much better than that! What did you all do to ring in the New Year? 

Last night I made some questionable food choices, not my smartest move, but it's alright. I stepped on the scale for my first weigh-in of the year (it's a weigh-in date for the challenge I'm participating in) and I was happy with my result. I lost .8 pounds since my last weigh-in and surpassed my goal for this weigh-in. In fact, I am already past my goal for the next weigh-in :) I could easily adjust my goals for the challenge, however, I sort of want to see where I'll be at the end of the challenge. So for now I'm leaving my goals where they are and hopefully I will continue this trend. I also took my measurements this morning and I have those recorded. I'm excited to see those numbers change as I add more strength training to my regimen. 

Starting Weight: 315 lbs
Last Weight: 293.2 lbs
Current Weight: 292.4 lbs
Weight Lost: 22.6 lbs

I think I may try to starting walking again soon. I'm not completely over my sickness, not by a long shot, but it isn't getting any worse. Not to mention that I am anxious to start working out again, especially to try my new equipment. I also read in a medical journal that when you have a cold, light walking is actually good for you. So, either later today or tomorrow morning, I'll be starting to walk again. It'll be light but I may add my new ankle weights, just to test them out. :) 

This morning I was doing a great deal of thinking, mostly about my life in general. One of the major thoughts that kept reappearing was about how often times I give up what I want, in order to please someone else's wishes. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I am definitely a people pleaser. I am passive, so 99% of the time, I won't speak up if something is bothering me. This is definitely not a new development, I have been this way for as long as I remember. I don't voice my opinion or the things I need because I don't want it to cause a fight or argument. Believe me, I try to avoid those at all costs, even if it means giving something up. Why do I have to give up the things that I truly desire and need? Just because I am passive does not mean that I shouldn't stand up for myself. So, 2015 is going to be the year that I focus on myself and stand up for what I need. No more being pushed aside and being shoved to the back burner. I will put my needs first, physically and emotionally.  

Okay, well I'm off. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment