Friday, January 16, 2015

Discouraged and Motivation

Hi all!

Happy Friday! How are you all doing today? I cannot believe it's already Friday, this week has flown by, which is both a positive and negative. This week I have not accomplished as much as I had hoped, but thankfully I'm ahead on my homework. I just need to push through and continue moving forward.

I'm going to be honest, this week I have been feeling really down for some reason. I have been feeling so fatigued, tired and lacking motivation. The reason why is unknown, but I haven't give up. I'm working really hard to overcome whatever is going on with me. I'm still working out and eating within my calorie goal, so that is positive. The effort I gave may not have been 100%, but working out at 50% is better than not working out at all.

Part of me is feeling discouraged because I have such a long way to go to reach my health goals.
Last night one of my online friends posted something on instagram that really spoke to me. It said that even if you can't see results physically, every effort is changing your body from the inside.
This is completely true. Even though I haven't lost a bunch of clothing sizes, still have stomach rolls, still have a great deal of excess fat all over my body, does not mean that I haven't made changes.
I calculated the calories of a typical day before I changed my eating habits and the results were staggering. Yesterday, I ate 2171 calories (21 calories under my goal). Before I changed my eating habits, I would eat between 2000 and 2200 calories at lunch alone!?! Then add in another 1300 - 1500 calories for dinner and an evening snack. I would skip breakfast most days, eat a huge lunch, bigger dinner and evening snack. On a daily basis, I was eating between 3400 and 3600, if not more! It's no wonder why I was continually gaining weight before. From 3400 (at the least) to 2200 calories a day. I'm not hungry, I can eat all throughout the day, if I pick my food carefully. Plus, I'm losing weight, so what's not to love?!?

Today was abs day, feeling great after my ab routine! I probably could have done more sets but I will work on that next week. Hopefully next week I'll have a bit more motivation as well. I'll be getting my cardio in this evening, while dinner is cooking. Well, I'm off to hopefully get a bunch of school work accomplished. I hope that you all have an amazing day. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment