Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Yearly Goals

Hi all!

Happy Tuesday! How are you all doing today? It is freaking freezing out right now, where did these below zero temperatures come from? I am SO over winter, it can be done at any time. This sickness is really starting to get on my nerves and its only been 4 days. :( It's really having an effect on my appetite and that's not a good thing. I've had to force myself to eat the past few days at pretty much every meal time. I'm trying my hardest to get in enough calories each day. Well, my weigh-in on Friday should go well at least. 

I cannot believe it is almost the end of December already, which means it will be 2015. Coming in to a new year means that I need to review my goals of 2014 and write up my goals for the upcoming year. When I was reading through my 2014 goals, it made me incredibly sad. It was definitely not a good year in regards to accomplishing my goals. The difference in my weight makes me the most sad though, I looked at my records and I gained 20 pounds since January 1st. My goal was to lose weight and I gained 20 pounds!?! This is just one of the many ways of showing that a weight loss journey is a lifelong thing. It takes a great deal of work, daily, and it is not for the faint at heart. Let's be honest, losing weight is freaking hard. Just because I know what I need to do to lose weight, doesn't automatically mean that I'll do those things every day. Sometimes I don't get to exercise, for whatever reason. Other times I make unhealthy food choices or choose to eat more than I need to be eating. But that's life, we have to enjoy it and live with our choices, good and bad.  

Anyways, here are my 2015 yearly goals:

1. Get down to 240 pounds (-53 lbs from today)
2. Get into a strength training routine - at least 3 days/week
3. Work out at least 4 days/week for at least 30 minutes
4. Make healthy food choices
5. Drink at least 100 oz. of water/day
6. Keep a positive attitude
7. Stay motivated
8. Never give up
9. Blog at least 3 posts/week
10. Take time to read - at least 30 minutes/daily
11. Graduate B.S. in Psychology with at least a 3.9 GPA
12. Begin graduate school 

I'm going to weigh-in on Friday (as I said before) and also take my measurements. I'll make sure to do a post that day to share my results for not only my weigh-in but the past year in general. Plus, I'll be looking ahead at 2015 and probably writing about my monthly goals. This is where I'll end things off today though. See you all again, Friday at the latest. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment