Monday, December 29, 2014

Trust

Hi all!

Happy Monday! How are you all doing on this beautiful day? The sun is shining again, which makes me incredibly happy, however it is colder. Sadly, it is going to drop close to 10 degrees over the next two days, but then it will warm up again. I'm still sick today but the medication that I'm taking is helping, thankfully.

Today I want to talk about something that is incredibly important to me, in all aspects of life, trust. Yesterday afternoon, I learned something incredibly surprising about someone very close to my heart. It is something that is life changing and could have easily destroyed my relationship with this person.
I'll be honest, for a little while yesterday, I was freaking out about what I learned. I didn't know how to handle it and respond to it. My mind was all over. Will I be able to look at this person the same again? Can I look past this and continue our relationship? Is this something that I can handle?

It really made me think and I think that is really important. After I thought about the whole situation it broadened my perspective. It also made me realize how insanely selfish I was being in this situation. All I was thinking about was myself, not how the other person feels. Yes, they made a mistake but does that mean  they don't deserve to be loved? To be trusted? I'll be honest, there are things in my past that I'm definitely not proud of and I would be heartbroken if those things ruined any of my relationships. The things in my past do not define me and they do not change the person that I am today. It goes both ways, just because this person made a mistake, does not make them any different. They are the same person that they were before I learned about this mistake.

Trust is a choice that we need to make every day. I am choosing to trust this person, despite what I have learned about them. Although, it will take time to get use to after learning what I have, it does not change how I feel about them. I would not want to be judged from my past mistakes, so I will not judge them.

This is where I'm signing off. I hope that you all have a wonderful day. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment