Sunday, December 14, 2014

Weigh-In

Hi all!

Happy Sunday! How are you all doing on this dreary Sunday morning? It has been ridiculously foggy here today and yesterday, but it has been in the upper 30s and lower 40s, so I can't really complain. If it was always like this in December, I would be much more prone to continue living here in Wisconsin. However, this is very strange for the middle of December, not to mention that there is still some snow on the ground. 

Yesterday marked one year since my grandmother passed away, I can't believe it's already been one year. Thankfully my dad and grandfather were both in good spirits yesterday. We miss her but we know that she's in a much better place now. 

Also, yesterday my mom and I went shopping for Christmas and I was able to pick out what I wanted. I definitely cannot wait for Christmas because I picked out all fitness related things: dumbbells, a kettle ball, resistance bands, ankle/wrist weights, and a medicine ball. I definitely cannot wait to start some resistance training again plus adding the ankle/wrist weights to my walks. I'm hoping that these small changes will help bring some large results.   

Alright, now time for my weekly weigh-in. My weight has been crazy this week because I went to the doctor on Friday morning and I wanted to compare my weight there to my scale at home. Today, I finally was able to make the comparison. According to my updated records, I have lost weight, so yay! :)

Starting Weight: 315 lbs
Last Weight: 299.6 lbs
Current Weight: 297.2 lbs
Weight Lost: 17.8 lbs

I am so excited that it is this week because it is my dad and my boyfriend's birthday's on Friday! :) Sadly, I don't get to be with my boyfriend on his birthday but I am still really psyched about it. I get to celebrate two great men in my life, so how can that be a bad thing?!? I'll still try to make my boyfriend's day special, even from afar. 

Last night, I was told something that really hit me hard. I'm not going to go in-depth about what was said, however I will say this: I don't want my weight to define who I am. It made me think about my relationship. I think my boyfriend is a good looking guy and he says he finds me attractive. One thing that I really don't want is for people to look at us and seeing an attractive guy and a bigger girl, and wondering why we're together. I'll be honest, my boyfriend and I already have a social hurdle to jump over, so I don't want my weight to add another one. We have a 17 year age gap, he's 41 and I'm 24. He and I don't have an issue with our age difference, but many other people do. For us it works, I don't want any biological children and he already has 2 kids. I think it may be a bit different if I wanted kids of my own but I don't. I firmly believe that the heart wants what it wants. Our relationship is still in it's early stages but we do make each other happy and that's what is most important. 
So my question for all of you is, what do you think about having a large age difference in a relationship? Can it work out?

Well I'm off to go and have some lunch and watch the football game. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment