Monday, December 15, 2014

My Own Worst Enemy

Hi all!

Happy Monday! How are you all doing today? It's a exceptionally warm December day, we have a high of 48 today. It is December 15th, in Wisconsin and it is almost 50 degrees. Is this real?!? Sadly, it'll be down into the 20s and 30s again by Wednesday. 

This morning I have been watching a show about individuals who weigh 600 lbs or above and their weight loss journey's. It really made me think about myself and my weight loss journey. Yes, it is difficult to lose weight, no matter your starting weight, but I have realized that I could have things be more difficult in my weight loss journey. Yes, my starting weight was a lot higher than it should be but I never had a difficult time walking. I can go into a store and find clothing. I honestly don't have a great deal of health issues because of my weight. I am able to get up and exercise, with not a great deal of issues. If I have to, I can stand for an extended period of time. Plus a variety of other things.

I am incredibly lucky to have started my weight loss journey when I did, because things could have been a lot worse. Sure, I weighed 315 lbs at my highest, and that made me morbidly obese, in fact, I still am. However, I am working extremely hard to get to a healthier weight. I do not have a specific weight that I want to reach because I have never been at a healthy weight. My goal is to reach a healthy weight in general. According to my height, I could weigh anywhere between 132 and 176 pounds and be within a healthy range. I have a large frame, so I have accepted the fact that I will never be a size 2. I will be happy to be able to shop in any store and not be ashamed of my clothing size. Just feeling comfortable with my body. Ultimately, I want to feel good about how I look. I want to be strong, emotionally and physically. 

Anyways... Now that my little tangent is over, I'm feeling really good today. Motivated. I have a desire to work out daily and make healthy food choices. I have had a ton of free time lately because I don't start up class again until January 12th, so I have had a lot of time to think. One thing that I continually have focused on is how I do well for awhile and then I sabotage myself. Honestly, I am the only one who can stop myself from achieving my goal. No one is forcing food down my throat, so am the one who needs to make the healthy food choices. Right now, I do not control the food that is brought into the house because Lord knows that 80% of the food we have here now, I would not have in my house. However, I do not NEED to eat the junk food. I am trying exceptionally hard to not give in to those temptations of eating the unhealthy foods in the house. It is an ongoing, daily battle, that I will conquer! 

Well, I'm off to go and work out now. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment