Monday, March 3, 2014

Update, Weigh-in, and Goals

Hey all!

How are you all doing today? It's a cold but beautiful day here. Sorry for not blogging much lately, but it got crazy again. I'm back though and hopefully I'll be able to blog more. I do know that thing will still be busy but blogging is very therapeutic for me, so I want to fit it into my schedule. 

Did I tell you all that I was going to have my wisdom teeth surgically removed? Well either way, I had them removed and I'm on day 5 after now. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it was going to be, I honestly haven't been in much pain, besides throughout the night. The worst part about it is the swelling I've had, it was bad! My mom was 'making fun' of me because my face was pretty square from it. But the swelling has also made it pretty difficult to eat, so my weigh-in yesterday was a very good one. I lost 5.6 pounds last week and although I enjoyed seeing the big loss, it happened in an unhealthy manner. I'm getting my stitches out tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I'll be able to incorporate more soft foods into my diet and I'll be able to eat a few more calories. 

I got a new job, did I tell you all that too? Tomorrow morning I go in for my orientation and to sign all the paperwork for it. It's only a part time job at a fast food restaurant but it'll be more money coming in to pay off bills and save up for my wedding. I'm hoping and praying that it will go well because it'll be a good longer term job to put onto my résumé. 

It's also March now, so I've come up with some goals for this month. 
1. Lose 5 to 7.5 pounds (I upped my goal to 1.5 pounds/week)
2. Eat within my calorie goal 6 days/week
3. Exercise 4 days/week for at least 20 minutes per session
4. Incorporate upper body strength training slowly (as I'm still recovering from my pulled shoulder muscle) 
5. Keep a positive attitude
6. Find a good balance between work, school, and personal life 
7. Begin wedding dress shopping
8. Decide on a more specific look for the wedding
9. Stay honest with myself
10. Continue to be more open

I could go on and on, but these 10 goals are a good start. But it's time to get back to babysitting (the girls were napping with I'm writing this) and then get a head start on my homework for this week. I hope you all have a wonderful week. So until next time! 

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment