Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Proud of Myself! (Day 538)

Hi all!

Happy Wednesday! We've made it half way through the week, isn't that exciting? How is everyone doing today? It's a sunny day here, it's nice to see the sun today. It's been very dreary here lately, snowy and cloudy. I'm sick of it. Snow, snow, go away, don't come again another day. :) Since I'm just staying at home today, I'm wearing capris and a short sleeve shirt (wishful thinking for Spring :) ).

Last night was horrible, to be completely honest. I cried a lot and thought some horrible things about the people I love most (about how they deserve more than me or would be happier without me in their lives). I was hungry and I was under my food goals yesterday, so I went downstairs and I made a healthier food choice, an Atkins brownie and some grilled chicken. I made those choices even when I was incredibly stressed out and just wanted some ice cream or chips or something like that. I didn't give in to those unhealthy foods. Honestly, I don't remember a time when I chose to eat something healthy over unhealthy in a stressful situation. This morning, I woke up with great pride knowing that I made a good choice for myself in a hard situation. When I woke up, I was feeling okay, better than last night. I got up and did my normal morning routine, and as I was enjoying my morning coffee I got a call from Abid. I saw his name on my caller ID and was so excited but what he told me is good and bad for us. He's heading back to work right now, he was just about to get on the bus and head back. So that means we probably won't be able to see each other on Skype again for at least a month or more.

I just need share something. As I was writing the paragraph above I received a phone call, it was for my parents. It was from Acts 1:8 Ministry, you probably have no idea what they are all about. Well they are a local Christian ministry that is, "equipping Christians to care, share and connect people to Christ worldwide through Christian kindness" (That was taken directly from their website). Well the man that I talked to, Travis, asked if I had anything that I needed prayer for, and after last night and this morning, I definitely did. So we just talked and he prayed for me for about 10 minutes and I experienced God in a way that I never have before. It was the most amazing thing. I have been a Christian for a long time (since I was quite young, I've been on mission trips and gone to countless conferences) and I've never had an experience like this before. I can't even begin to explain my feelings to all of you. It was amazing.

Yesterday I was a little over my initial calorie goal but still under with my exercise calories included in. My numbers were okay yesterday, a little low on my protein but carbs and fats were great. Here's the numbers:
Type
Carbs
Protein
Fats
Total
171
342
142
Used
161
184
87
Left
10
158
55


Not the prettiest picture of me because it's right after my workout. But it felt amazing to really get a sweat on and I felt amazing after my workout (besides my back/hip hurting a bit). Oh and I found out that I won another giveaway! I wasn't winning any and now I've won two within a month.  I won a beautiful journal, I can't wait to receive it and start writing in it. :)

But it's time to go relax a little and read/comment on some blogs. :) Have a wonderful afternoon/evening everyone! So until next time!

~Sara~

2 comments:

  1. Making healthy choices even when you're stressed is a HUGE accomplishment - way to go! I'm sorry to hear that things are difficult right now but hopefully they'll start to turn around soon. Keep up your awesome work. Your motivation is an inspiration to me for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the wins

    ReplyDelete