Friday, January 25, 2013

Year 1 Day 126 (Day 491)

Good morning all! I am so thankful for today, it's a little warmer than it has been the past few days. And although it's snowing, I am still thankful for today. 

I posted a few days ago, asking for thoughts and prayers for my future MIL, well she is still in a great deal of pain. So again, I ask for you to keep my future MIL in your thoughts and prayers. Abid and I and his family all greatly appreciate it! 

I saw this picture on FB this morning and it really rang true to me. It happens all too often in our society where we just hear a specific weight and think a person will look a certain way. If you look at these women, they all look like they are different weights. But they are all 154 lbs, it just goes to show that we can't judge a book by it's cover, or so to speak. We really shouldn't judge people, especially before know their story, and I know that I'm going to think twice before judging anyone else. 


I just wanted to share something that I got a good laugh from yesterday. There are a bunch of people's weight loss/fitness pages that I follow on FB, and one lady asks about what we have for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Typically I will post what I have for one of those meals and leave it at that. But yesterday I saw a follow-up comment from her about how she noticed that I have some sort of cheese almost every day, and that if I would give up cheese the weight would just be falling off of me. She told me to  start counting calories and see how quickly the cheese uses up my calories for the day. Little does she know about me that I have been counting calories for longer than she has (in previous posts, she admits that she just began her weight loss journey in December of last year), I've been doing this since September of 2011. And I am not saying that because I have been doing this longer than she has, that I know more about weight loss than she does. But what I'm trying to say is that I don't mind getting advice, but I do mind when someone tells me that I need to do this or that to lose weight. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to give up the foods that I love just to lose weight. My motto is, everything in moderation and I won't be changing that motto. This is a lifestyle, not a diet. And I've gotta say, I enjoy eating chocolate, cheese, and pasta every week. Once I reach my goal weight, I still plan on eating those things, so why give them up now? If I do that, then I'll only gain the weight back after I've lost all of it. 

Sorry for that little rant, but I just needed to say it. Now onto my food from yesterday. I did really well, right at my calorie goal and the only area I was over was in fiber. :) And 128 oz of water, like always. All in all, it was a great day. And now comes today, I start level 2 of the 30DS and let me tell you, it is intense. This may be TMI but, I was sweating so much by the end of it. But I suppose, that just means I was working hard. :) I did need to modify some of the moves because this level is very focused on abs and mine are super weak. Even though I did modified moves, I still did them, that's all that matters. 



Goodness, it breaks my heart seeing Abid like I did today. He is just so worried about his mother's pain and about us being apart. I get teary when I see that worry in his eyes, it's so hard for me to see him like that when there's nothing I can do to help. All that I can do right now is pray for his mom and try my hardest for him and I to be together soon. He knows that I want to be with him as much as he wants to be with me, but I guess I'm just better at hiding my worry. I feel that I need to be strong, because he can't be right now. Life is tough for both of us and it's worse because we're apart, but I know that he and I will be together soon. 

Today I'm linking up again but today it's pits and peaks (highs and lows of the week). 

Peaks:
1. I am able to exercise again.

2. I have stayed on track with my eating this week.

3. I have drank at least 128 oz of water every day this week.

4. I found out that my fiance will be able to get into some English classes once he gets here.

5. I've lost 7 inches since the beginning of January! :)

6. I found out that my 2 closest friends will be coming to visit the same week! I'm too excited for this, because I get to go wedding dress/bridesmaid dress shopping with one of them.

Pits:
1. It's super cold, and it has been all week! I know that it's winter and I live in Wisconsin, but come on, we don't need below 0 weather. Plus, it's snowing today! :(

2. My future MIL is having some intense back pain that has lasted a few days now.

3. My fiance is so worried about his mother and about us being apart.


button

So until next time.

~Sara~

7 comments:

  1. So true, If you gave up the foods you love (within reason and moderation) you would not be able to sustain your weight loss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'm not giving up the foods that I love forever.

      Delete
  2. I will NEVER give up cheese or chocolate! You're so right - moderation is key. Not that her "advice" warranted a response, but did you tell her that you're from Wisconsin and cheese is not optional? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes I did tell her that! I think I'd be kicked out if I gave up cheese! ;)

      Delete
  3. You are totally right, it is a lifestyle not a diet! Also, I like your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't thrilled with my old look, so I revamped it. Glad that you like it! :)

      Delete
  4. You are doing amazing with your weight loss! Keep up the good work :)

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    -Allie

    ReplyDelete