Thursday, January 24, 2013

Year 1 Day 125 (Day 490)

It's a beautiful morning, quite cold (it's 2 and with windchill it feels like -11). This morning I woke up with a back ache, it probably was a mixture of the weather being so cold and just plain sleeping wrong. But I didn't use that as an excuse to skip a workout. This is one of the major things that separates me from myself a few years ago. I don't make excuses to skip a workout now, in fact, I yearn to exercise. 

I am officially done with level 1 of the 30DS! :) I'm proud of myself and I'm ready for the next challenge, but I have heard that level 2 and 3 focus a lot more on abs and that is probably the weakest part of me. So I am really hoping that my abs will become a lot stronger and I'll lose fat and inches from it during these next 2 levels. Another thing that I'm proud of is that I've lost a total of 7 inches during level 1! I lost .25 inches off each arms, 1 inch off each thigh, 2.25 inches off my upper waits, 1.5 inches off my lower waist, .5 inch off my hips, and I've lost 1.6 lbs since starting! :) I'll definitely take this, especially with having to take off 10 days starting after day 8. 


Well I had my weekly weigh-in today and it went about as well as I thought it would, not well at all. I gained 2 pounds, it was probably a mixture of eating too much for a few days, the 4 extra glasses of water I had yesterday, and higher sodium levels. Those last 2 aren't excuses because I did eat way too much for a few days. As much as that number on the scale upset me, it's not the end of the world. 

Thursday's are Non-Scale Victories day, and this week I have had a few NSV's. 

1. Water
I'm quite proud of myself because I have drank at least 128 oz of water every day this week. Water has always been an easy thing for me because my mother always pushed drinking water. But for a long time I was only getting about 64 oz every day and after doing some research, I found out that I should be drinking about 143 oz every day. I know that this sounds like a ton of water, because it is but I love water. So I am trying my best to get closer to that goal, but 128 oz every day is a great start for me to reach this goal. 

2. Clothing
This week I tried on a shirt that I received from my former college, and it's an extra large. When I first got this shirt it fit but it was quite tight. Because of this, I have been wearing this shirt to workout at home, since no one can see me wearing it. The shirt had just been washed, so I was expecting it to be quite tight on me. But to my surprise, the shirt fit me quite well. So that mean's I'm in an extra large now! :)  

3. Exercise
Yesterday I was finally able to exercise again after a long 10 days of doctor's order of no exercise. I didn't know how it would go because I was diving right back into day 9 of the 30 day shred. I consider this a NSV because it went well, I pushed myself  while still listening to my body. So I was able to get in a great 23 minute workout. 

4. Positivity 
As some of you may know, I do try to stay positive at all times. Today I had my weekly weigh-in, and I gained a little weight, but I didn't let it get me down. Just because I gained weight, doesn't mean I'm worth less as a person. So I'm proud of myself for not letting this gain get me down, because the old me would have just given up.


So until next time.

~Sara~

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Moving back into "normal" sizes is always a victory! Now you can wear your shirt everyhere with pride! Good job! Can you explain your titles to me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it that I'm back into an XL but I'm hoping that I won't stay here for long.
      My titles are the day of my weight loss journey that I am currently on. Like today is day 490 or 1 year and 125 days. I just like to include both :)

      Delete
  2. I did the 30 Day Shred a few years ago (well, I lasted 3 weeks). That was a tough workout, for sure! I couldn't move the next day! That's great news about your shirt fitting better! Hope your back feels better and keep up the good work!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely tough, I just watched level 2's video and it looks crazy. My abs are so weak and I can't do some of the moves on the video, so I'm modifying some of the modified moves. But I'm going to get it done, I won't give up. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for teaming up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had some terrific NSV's this week! Isn't it great when clothing starts to fit better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I love it that my clothes are fitting better. :)

      Delete