Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 365



Well folks, it's official. I've now been on SparkPeople for 1 year! :) And now it is time for my long awaited 1 year reflection blog.

It's actually a lot of fun to look back on this past year and see just how different things are, things are definitely are not what I expected. But things are still wonderful, all-in-all things are good. Life is good. And I thank God every day for SparkPeople and the wonderful people that I have met through it.

This is one pound of fat, and yes, I know it looks gross. But I lost 29.4 of these this year. :)




Yeah, I could lost a lot more in 1 year but I also could have lost a lot less or even gained weight. Personally, I am happy with any weight loss compared to none. As they say, slow and steady wins the race. And hey, I weigh 29.4 pounds lighter than I did 1 year ago, so there's a victory!




Emotionally and mentally I have changed so much this year, in a positive way. I've learned how important portion size is. I've learned that exercise can be fun. I've learned that I need to love myself no matter what size I am. I gained confidence in myself. I learned that this is a lifestyle, not a diet. I learned that I can accomplish things when I really set my mind to it. And most importantly, I've learned that I am more than what the scale says, it does not define my worth.

Physically I have changed, heck I've lost 30 pounds. I've been told by people that I do look thinner, which is a really great motivator. I started out in size 24 jeans that were getting tight and now I am in a size 22 and they are starting to get a little too big. So soon I will be in a size 20, I can't wait for that. It's one step closer to no longer wearing plus size clothing, which is one of my goals.

I am now officially my lowest weight since my best friends death (which some of you know is when I put on 60 pounds) And it feels absolutely amazing, I can't even begin to describe how happy I am. Yes, I still have a long way to go, but I'm a lot closer than I was a year ago. A year ago I set out to lose 155 pounds, right now I only have to lose 125.6 pounds. And yeah, that is still a lot to lose but I'm closer now and that's all that counts.


One thing that I truly believe is that life is what you make of it. If your positive, then things will be more positive. And if your negative, then things will be more negative. I think that's especially true about weight loss. Let's just be honest, it's hard and most days we don't want to try. But having a positive attitude is really going to help, I know that's helped me along the way. And it will continue to help, I'm sure. Some days having a positive attitude was all that I had and was the only thing that kept me from giving up.

All in all, I'm just happier. Happier with life and happier with myself. I have more confidence and I'm doing things that I never thought that I would do. My weight has held me back my entire life and I was sick of it. There is no more hiding behind my weight, I need to live the life that I was created to live. I know that I have a lot to offer people and I don't want to miss out on anything wonderful. Plus, I now have a wonderful man in my life who loves me for me. And he is amazingly supportive, which is great. Life is good. I'm happy. I'm confident. I'm just me. A 22 year old, who is changing her life forever and never looking back.
Until next time.

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment