Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 358

Seven days until my 1 year Spark Anniversary :) I still can't believe it, and I am super excited to write my 1 year blog. But that isn't until next week, So now the real purpose of this blog, my rant/venting session/whatever else you wanna call it. Here it goes:

I have been here at Ashford for almost a month now and I've realized something that saddens me to the core. First before I go into my rant, I just want to say that I have met some absolutely amazing people here and I appreciate all of their friendships, especially Wilson, Sierra, Amber, Anne and Ashley.

Some of the people here are being ridiculously immature. We are suppose to (suppose to be the key phrase) be adults here, most of us are 18 or older. So many of these people are so focused on appearances, even for their friends. It's like if they are seen with an overweight person, people will think differently of them. This genuinely ticks me off.

Why can't people look past appearances, whatever it may be, gender, race, weight, height, ect... and just give others a chance. I mean I have male and female friends. Friends who are White, Black, Hispanic and Asian. Friends who are obese, underweight and everywhere in between. Friends who are really short and friends who are really tall. And all these people are my friends not because of their outward appearance but for the people they are inside. I guess I just don't understand why people judge others like that, I know how much it hurts to be judged. It happens most days. People look at me, give me a dirty look and look away. I know what they are probably thinking but it is what it is.

Now believe me, I understand that not everyone is going to like me and that's okay. There are just some people that I don't want to spend time with, but I'd still give them a chance. I wouldn't just judge them based on their appearance and think that they weren't worthy of my time. But I just wish people were different. The most important people accept me though, and that's what is the best.

Well, it's time to get to class. So until next time.

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment