Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 341

I've realized just how close I am to my 1year mark, I cannot believe that I have been doing this for almost a year now. Only 24 more days. I have learned so much this year. And I may not be exactly where I thought that I would be at this point, but right now I have lost 22.6 pounds. Yes, I have so much more weight to lose, but it's a start. I could have lost a lot more weight but like most people I fell off the wagon a few times and just ate whatever I wanted and didn't exercise. But the important thing is that I realized what I was doing and changed it before I gained all of my weight back. My weight fluctuated a lot, I would lose a few pounds and then gain a few pounds. But all-in-all my weight is sloping downward, and isn't that what we all want? I am quite excited to do my 1 year, reflection blog because I still have 3 weeks to lose more weight. So who knows where I will be at on that day.

This week I lost 4 pounds, and don't get me wrong, I loved seeing that number on the scale but I know that it's because I have a very large calorie deficit. My TDEE is about 2550 calories to maintain my weight, and while being at school I have been eating between 1500-1750 calories Monday through Friday and a little less on the weekends. I can't really help it that I have been eating that amount of calories though, I have a meal plan and can only eat 3 times a day during the week and 2 times a day on the weekend. My stomach can only hold so much food at one time. In the dining hall that I usually eat in you can get 3 things, the main meal item (mini-pizza, hamburger, hot dog, ect...), a side item (I typically go with some soup, a nutri-grain bar, yogurt or a fruit cup) and then something to drink (And I always get water). The only bad thing about this dining hall is that it is only open during the week and even on Friday nights is it closed. :( And in the other dining hall it is buffet style, so I try to stay away from it as much as possible. Some days I have to go there to eat, and I have done well when I have eaten there. I also just stick to 1 plate and get as many veggies as possible and some protein.

I haven't been exercising really, because of my ankle still healing and it's been so warm here. The exercise that I have been getting has been walking up and down the stairs to make it to and from my classes. But with the amount of my calorie deficit, that is probably a good thing right now. It would be rather unhealthy for me to burn too many calories from exercising when I cannot eat all of them back.

But I suppose, I have to get ready for class now. Until next time.

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment