Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 272

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever, it's been a week since my last post. It has just been busy, busy, busy and I have a lot to catch up on.

I guess I'll just start with last week, I went shopping with my mom on Tuesday and I found a few really cute things. So now I have something to wear to the bridal shower that I have this Saturday and I have some leggings and a few really cute shirts that I can wear to the 3 weddings next month. But I honestly never thought that I would own any leggings, they are very cute on me though. :) And then Wednesday was pretty boring, just finished up homework before my weekend away.

Then came Thursday, the day that I left for Iowa. My drive was okay, long but okay. Then my financial aid meeting came and it took a whole 5 minutes. And then the fun part came, shadowing Amanda at work. :) It was so much fun, no wonder why she loves her job so much. The kids were so cute and one of them even gave me a hug. :) After work we went back to her apartment and ate dinner and then we went out around town. They have "Fulton Days" or something like that one Thursday a month, so we went down to that and it was a lot of fun.

On Friday I had orientation, which went really well. I was one of the few people who did not have a parent along, but that's alright. First there was the welcome to everyone and then my group, "group A" went off and got our pictures taken for our student ID's and we got to meet with our advisors and figure out what classes we wanted to take. And after we did that then we went online and registered for those classes. So now I am all registered for my classes, yay! :) I got done with orientation around 12:30 or so and then Amanda and I ran a few errands and we went to Heritage Canyon. A cool old timey place in Fulton, it was SO hot though. It felt amazing to get back in the air conditioning. Then we hung out at her apartment for a few hours and then we went and saw Madagascar 3 and after that we went out for dinner. We went to this great Italian place, and let me tell you, it was delicious! And we ended our night by watching a movie in her apartment, it was definitely a great day.

And then it was Saturday, Amanda and I went out for breakfast and coffee which was great. After we had that, I decided to head home. Since we had nothing else planned and Amanda had some things to get done. My drive went well, boring as usual. But after I got back to town my family was still at my aunt's house celebrating Father's Day so I went there and hung out for about 30 minutes.

Sunday was pretty typical, I had church in the morning with my mom. And then we went grocery shopping in the afternoon, just her and I. Then we had my brother, sister-in-law and the kids over for dinner to celebrate Father's Day. It was a really fun day.

And now it's this week, I started my Psychology class today. I'm really loving it so far, it's so interesting. All I can say is that my homework level is increasing a ton. I had 15 items of homework this morning before I got anything started, but now I only have 12 items left. My book for Psychology is great though, there is an e-text and you can also listen to the chapters. So I listened to chapter 1 this afternoon while working on other homework. And that brings us to now.

I suppose I should get working on homework again since I still have a ton to get done this week. Until next time.

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment