Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 248

Just another beautiful day, sunny and 70 degrees. :) It feels weird writing this blog in the afternoon instead of in the morning. And I had every intention of blogging this morning before I went to OT but then I decided to walk to OT instead of drive. Which I believe was a very good choice, because of that choice I walked 2.03 miles today. :) I'm feeling amazing!

My dad met me when I was about a block from my house and he had to run to the store, so I road with him there. And then on the way home there was a brat fry going on, so we stopped. Saved me some thought on what I was going to have for lunch. Now we are to right now, and honestly, I'm really tired. I don't know if it's because of my walk this morning or what. Oh well.

Tonight I am getting coffee with a good friend at a local coffee shop, I'm pretty excited about it! I haven't seen her in about 3 weeks to a month, which makes me very sad. And hey, we may get some dinner tonight, depending on if she has a little more time.

Oh and like I promised, here is my little review on my dinner last night. It was a major success! My mom was actually still raving about it this morning. So I'll definitely keep this recipe on file. Not that very many people read my blog, but here's the recipe for anyone who would like it.

Greek Baked Chicken

Ingredients:

    2 tablespoons lemon juice 
    2 tablespoons olive oil 
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley 
    1 garlic clove, crushed in garlic press 
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano 
    3 4oz chicken breast without skin

Directions:
1. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, garlic and oregano in large plastic food storage bag or large container. 

2. Pierce chicken with fork several times and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Add to bag and coat, marinate 20 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from bag.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
6. Bake for 30 minutes 

Also, here is the nutritional information
Servings Per Recipe: 3
Calories: 210.4
Total Fat: 10.5 g
Cholesterol: 65.7 mg
Sodium: 76.1 mg
Total Carbs: 1.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 26.4 g

I am done with the challenge with my mom's work, and honestly I didn't lose very much weight. But for about a month and a half I really fell off the bandwagon and I had gained about 7 pounds back. I only lost 2 pounds from my beginning weight in the challenge, but it's better than nothing. And now that I'm back on my diet and exercising, I'll lose more weight. I've lost a pound in 5 days so far, so it's a good start. 

Well I suppose, I should get going. Until next time.

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment