Saturday, January 21, 2012

I need to be honest

I just really feel the need to be honest about a few things from my past involving food. If I'm not honest about it now, I have a greater chance to slip back into it in the future.

When I would make any of my favorite foods, like shells and cheese, rice and other pastas I would make 2 packages of it. In my mind I would rationalize it by saying that I was going to save half of it for later in the day, but I knew that I would eat all of it in one sitting. Then later on I would make something else high in calories and I would have way too many calories throughout the day. And it's no wonder that I was slowly gaining weight. From the beginning of my weight loss journey compared to just 4 short years ago, I had gained 65 pounds!! :(

At the point that I'm at now, I cannot wait to be where I was 4 years ago, when I was a senior in high school. I still have 42 pounds to go but I'll get there this year. I know that I will. I've lost 22 pounds in 4 months and at that rate I'll have all the rest of it gone by September, maybe before or maybe after that. But it will be done this year because I will not give up on my new lifestyle.

When I look at the positives, even though my weight is higher, I think that the amount of inches I had are different from back then. Even though my weight is still around 40 pounds higher, I am only 1 pant size away from what I was then. So my hips and thighs must be smaller than what they use to be. And I'm going to work on this even more, along with my waist line.When I hit that weight later this year, I'm quite positive that I'll be in a smaller size than I was last time I was at that weight.
Until tomorrow.

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment