Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Weight Loss Study and Small Changes

Hi, all!

Happy Wednesday! How are you all doing today? It's a sort of gloomy day here, but I'm thankful for the day, nevertheless. I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of April, this month is flown by. Since tomorrow is the last day of the month, I'm going to weigh-in and see where I'm ending the month. Which means that I'll also take some measurements, it'll be interesting to see what those numbers are now. I'm excited to see what May has in store for me and what progress I make.

Here are some of my goals for May:
1. Lose 3 pounds
2. Cardio - at least 17, 30-minute sessions (510 minutes)
3. Eat within my calorie goal at least 21 days (5 days/week)
4. Weigh-in daily - for weight loss study
5. Complete at least 200 tasks (on the website I work for)
6. Stay positive 
7. Blog at least 12 times (3 posts/week)
8. Continue to work through my food addiction
9. Drink at least 64oz of water/day

I am happy to say that I have exciting news, at least for me. Last night, my mom made these high-calorie cookies and I was really close to giving in and eating one. But before I did, I realized that if I ate one, then I'd want two. So, instead of eating 400 calories worth of cookies, I ate a 90-calorie Fiber One bar instead. It is small choices like that one that causes big changes. Overall, yesterday was a good day though, I was under my calorie goal and I got in a good workout. :)

I don't know if I mentioned yesterday that I have been selected to take part in a weight loss study done by UCLA. So in a few days, I'll be receiving a wireless scale and then I'll be weighing myself, at the same time, daily for 4 months. Typically, I wouldn't weigh-in daily, but I'm looking forward to being part of this professional study.

I know this is a shorter post, but that's all for today. I hope that you all have an absolutely amazing day. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment