Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Instant Gratification

Hello again!

I forgot to write about an important topic in my earlier post, so I decided to just post again. Oh and I did get a 20 minute walk in today. :) Now I'm getting in a little post exercise snack, peanut butter and chicken, so I'm loading up on my protein. I should be set for eating until dinner time and I've already put my dinner in my meal tracker, so I'm all set there. I still have 675 calories left for the evening and I am determined to not eat more calories than that tonight.

I wanted to talk about instant gratification. What brought this on, you ask? Well, let me tell you. Last night, before my shows came on, I was watching "My 600-lb Life". It showcases a different person who is 600 pounds or heavier and their journey of gastric bypass surgery and the 7 years following it. The one episode that I watched, a woman said something that I think all of us go through. She wanted instant gratification, like after having the surgery, she would automatically become her goal weight and be thin. Personally, I believe that this is the reason that so many people fail at losing weight. It's definitely one of the reasons that I had given up in the past. Weight loss is a lifelong journey, even when you get to your goal weight, you need to work on maintaining that loss.

In my honest opinion, if something is easy, then it's typically not worth having. Most good things do require hard work and dedication.

Okay, I'm glad to have this all out. It was on my mind quite a bit and I felt the need to share. Have a wonderful day all. So until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment