Tuesday, March 5, 2013

First Low Carb Day Recap (Day 530)

Hi all!

How is everyone doing today? I'm doing much better this morning (get to this a little later). And I'm super psyched this morning! I decided to try on some pants that I bought a few months back and they didn't really fit when I bought them (size 20's), but this morning they fit a lot more comfortably than they did back when I bought them! They just about fit perfectly, and this is quite exciting for me! Even better, the big storm we are suppose to get today, we aren't suppose to get quite as much snow now (although it is snowing as I write this).

I want to recap my first low carb day, honestly, both days were difficult (for different reasons). Yesterday, I felt very satisfied, I ate a ton but I never made it to my calorie goal (in fact I don't think I reached any of my nutritional goals yesterday). I'll share that with you here:

Type
Carbs
Protein
Fats
Total
173
347
144
Used
120
118
87
Left
53
229
57

These were my numbers for yesterday, as you can see I was quite a bit under each category (especially protein). I don't think I could have ate more yesterday if I tried, because I ate 5 delicious meals. As I have stated in past posts, I really want to be eating healthy foods while doing this (and in general). But last night I had to give in and had these crackers, just to up my carb total (they added 40 grams of carbs, 10 grams of fat, and 6 grams of protein). I didn't get anywhere near my calorie goal either, 1687 was my total. That's a 503 deficit from predetermined deficit to lose weight. But I couldn't eat anymore last night, because my stomach was a little upset. I'm not sure if that was because of the drastic change of my diet overnight or if it was something else. All I know is that I'm feeling much better this morning. So today is my second low carb day, and I have a few goals today.

1. Eat more carbs throughout the day (to put me closer to my goal)
2. Eat more protein throughout the day
3. Eat more calorie dense foods (to put me closer to my calorie goal)
4. Continue eating lots of veggies
5. Add fruit to the mix (to add nutrients and carbs)
6. Continue drinking a lot of water

If I do these things, today should be better. But I have realized that I can handle the fewer carbs, honestly, I don't miss the carbs all that much. And the vegetables are very satisfying, which surprised me. I never thought that a salad could be so delicious, and my lunch showed me otherwise yesterday. I'm sure by making just these few changes will help me a ton, and I'm so excited to see my complete results at the end of the month.  

One thing that I really want to share with all of you is a forum posting from a group that I'm a part of on sparkpeople.com. A woman posted how she needs to gain confidence (don't we all), but she just assumes that when she loses weight she will just gain confidence. I responded to her post saying something along these lines, "You need to start gaining confidence now, because if you don't love yourself now, then you won't love yourself later on." Plus I told her about a few people that I know personally who are at a healthy weight and they are not confident, so being at a healthy weight does not ultimately mean that you will gain confidence. She really didn't like what I had to say, but oh well. I do really hope that someday she will realize that being thin doesn't give you confidence. Confidence is who we are, not what we look like. I may not be where I want to be (160ish lbs), but I'm no longer where I was (315 lbs). The more important thing, I have gained confidence and more happiness. I sincerely hope that this woman finds that as well. 

But I suppose. I have to finish my discussion post (as the initial posting is due by tonight) and start my paper. So I hope that you all have a wonderful day! Until next time.

~Sara~

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree about the confidence. I know girls who are STICK THIN and have ZERO confidence in themselves. Sure, as you lose weight you will gain SOME along the way because you are feeling better about how you look, but saying that you'll be confident all of the sudden because you're thin is definitely a no-go. I struggle with confidence and am so blessed that I have a support system that helps give me a boost when I need it!

    ReplyDelete