Friday, January 18, 2013

Year 1 Day 118 (Day 483)

Another new day is here, it's cold but sunny. I should be use to the cold, heck I live in Wisconsin and it's January. Someday I'll move somewhere warmer and I won't have to deal with this gross cold weather. Well today was my weekly weigh-in and...... I've lost 2 lbs since Monday and 2.8 lbs since last Thursday :) I think this proves just how important diet really is in the great scheme of things. As much as it's driving me crazy that I'm not able to exercise, it has really helped me focus more on my nutrition. And I think that my loss for this week has really shown how the focus on nutrition is so important. Hopefully even when I can start working out again I won't stop focusing on the correct foods, because I honestly think that good nutrition is even more important than the fitness.

I did fairly well with my nutrition yesterday, I was under my calories, fats and protein, while a little over in my carbs. Here's the break down:
Meal
Calories
Carbs
Fat
Protein
Breakfast
435
87
7
11
Morning Snack




Lunch
600
102
16
14
Afternoon Snack
229
46
4
5
Dinner
898
142
31
44
Evening Snack




Total/Goal
2162/ 2180
377/ 300
58/ 73
74/ 82


Plus 128 oz of water, which is what I needed after a 64 oz day, the day before.

Tomorrow will be a challenge for me, my parents have decided that we're going to go out to this fabulous Italian restaurant. And as some of you may know, I love Italian food, especially pasta and bread. When we go out it will test my will power to the max, I will make healthier food choices and not eat more than what I need. Plus it's the weekend, which is always a difficult time for me because we have so much more food around than we need, especially on Sunday nights. But nevertheless, it will be nice to get out of the house and do something, even if it's just dinner and then grocery shopping. I'll take what I can get right now.

Next week, I'm bound and determined to get all my paperwork squared away for starting school again. I know that if I was taking a few classes, I would not be quite as bored though out the day. Plus, the sooner I start, the sooner I'll have my Bachelor's degree. :) I've been told that with my transfer credits, I'll only have about 18 to 24 months to complete.

The internet is still acting up today, it's been turning on and off all day. This has been going on since Monday, and it's getting ridiculous. I'm just getting tired of it, we should not be having this many problems for 4 days in a row. We're having someone come out to look at our wireless tomorrow morning, so I am thankful for that. Plus because of the internet, I haven't really been able to talk to Abid. Thankfully, we've been able to talk on Facebook a little bit, because I get a text whenever I get a message. It just makes the day a little tougher because he works during the day and it's our time right in the morning and then in the evening. But I'm trying to not let this stress me out too much because when I stress, I eat. And I don't need to eat to soothe my stress.

Today I have just felt like eating anything and everything, it's so frustrating. Thankfully, I have been able to curb my hunger fairly well today, I've only had maybe 200 calories in snacks this afternoon. And I'm hoping that it will get better because my dad will be home from work soon. So he'll  be around and I don't feel the need to snack as much around other people.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing job Sara!! Italian food is a downfall for me too. It sucks because I can only have a small portion of pasta and have to load up on salad. Good Luck and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Italian food is way too good for it's own good. :) I'm eating lighter today and going to splurge a little on pasta tonight.

      Delete