Friday, May 18, 2012

Reflection

Today, I thought that I would right a reflection on the past 2 years seeing that tomorrow I will be graduating from Moraine Park and starting the next chapter of my life.

I still can't believe that I'm graduating tomorrow, it sort of feels surreal. And I'm sure that when I'm there and going through it tomorrow it'll finally seem more real. These past 2 years have really flown by, mostly because I've had some absolutely amazing people in my life. I already miss my classmates and the semester isn't even over yet, I can only imagine what it will be like in the coming months. Over the past 2 years, we've all formed relationships and we aren't just classmates anymore, we're friends. And I have to say, I have met some of my close friends while at Moraine Park.

As I look back, I think about everyone that I came in contact with through classes. There are many of them who I was only with for a semester and others that I may not have gotten along with but then there are those few that made everything worth it. Those people made these past 2 years fly by and made it fun to go to class every week. I didn't dread it because of these people.

I look at my first semester at Moraine Park, I was so nervous on my first day, actually my first two days. My first class was Marketing Principles with Pam and the class was awesome, because of my classmates. I had an amazing team, Kenny and Blaine, and sadly I haven't been with either of them since. But then on my second day I had Selling and Promotions, with Robin and Lynn. Little did I know at that time that I would meet some of the best people I know. In Selling I met, Rae Nell, Vicki, Austin and so many others. And then in Promotions, I had most of those classmates and then I met Kristina. She is one of the most amazing women that I know! We had such an amazing group in that class, Kristina, Mike, Pete and I. And I miss them all!

Then comes my second semester, it was interesting to say the least. The classes started to get a little harder but they still weren't horrible. And again, I got through because of my classmates. I met a few new people and got through. This was a really stressful semester, mostly because of a team I was on, where one of the three members didn't do much at all. But thankfully Vicki and worked really hard and got through it. All in all, my first year was absolutely amazing!

Next came my second year, it began to get a little more difficult. The classes took more work but I learned a lot too. But at the end of my third semester, I had some tough times. I had some majorly intense stomach pain, which I later found out was due to stress, but I had exploratory surgery and I missed the last month of classes. Thankfully, I passed all of my classes but it was a really hard time. I could barely do anything, it hurt to move, it even hurt to do nothing. That event is something that I really needed to go through though, because know I have learned things to help control my stress in a healthy way and not hold it in.

And finally, this past semester. This wasn't necessarily a hard semester, but it was definitely the most stressful one yet. Most of this stress was around because of my internship, and honestly I wasn't sure if I was going to pass the class toward the end. But obviously I did, and I even raised my GPA a little. Even better than that, I developed some even closer friendships with a few of my classmates and it has really made me realize just how much these people mean to me. They are so much more than just classmates and friends, they're like family.

All that I can say is thank you to all of my classmates, things wouldn't be the same without you. My life has changed for the better because of all of you. I love you guys and I miss you already! But, I am ready to start the next chapter of my life. Change can be good and it will be good. Only God knows what's in store for me next and I cannot wait to find out what the future holds. Until next time.

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment