Sunday, January 15, 2012

An Awakening

The last few months of 2011 were very eye opening for me and I began changing my life, psychically, emotionally and spiritually. I was drastically over weight, emotionally I was struggling a lot and my spirituality just wasn't cutting it. At that point I knew that I had to change, and this time I won't give up.

It has been 4 months since I started this journey and I think that I've made great progress so far. Physically, I've lost 20 pounds so far which is a great start. I still have a long way to go before I reach my goal weight, but all I can do right now is take things one day at a time. Slow and steady wins the race, and I definitely have to remember that right now. Things won't just happen overnight, it takes hard work and consistency to beat this. At this point, I'm beginning to make healthier food choices on a consistent basis and choosing to exercise instead of just sit and do nothing. Both of these small steps help tremendously, and they are helping me to change my lifestyle. Also I cannot say thank you enough to sparkpeople.com for all of the help that I receive from them. Because of this website, I've gained many friends who are going through the same thing that I am, nutrition and exercise advice whenever I need it, amazing groups, and the best support that anyone could ask for.

Emotionally, I've really grown into the person that I'm suppose to be. There are certain things that use to bother me, that just don't anymore. I've learned how to deal with things that I use to not be able to. I'm a different person. A better person. And I'm going to continue to grow into the person that I'm meant to be. I deserve nothing less than that.

And spiritually I am really trying to rely more on God and less on myself. Talk to God more. Pray more prayerfully. And so many more things that I cannot even begin to explain. I don't want to just be going through the motions, I want my life to bring honor and glory to His name. And okay, I may not have been living a horrendous life before now, but I definitely wasn't living it to the fullest though either.

So I've decided that 2012 is going to even better than 2011, and bring even greater transformation to my life. Physically, I'll lose even more weight and be a heck of a lot closer than what I was today. Emotionally, I will continue to grow into the woman that I'm meant to be. And spiritually, I will have a closer relationship with Christ and bring honor and glory to His name through everything I do. This transformation won't be an easy one, but I'm up to the challenge. Here's to an amazing year full of change that will bring me forward and thrust into life.

~ Sara ~

No comments:

Post a Comment