Saturday, April 1, 2017

Random

Hi, all!

How are you all? I'm sorry that I haven't posted for the past 2 weeks. It has been a crazy few weeks, honestly. I have been eating right (for the most part), working out at least 4 days a week, figuring stuff out for school, I was hospitalized for 4 days, and I started a new job yesterday. Needless to say, it has been a crazy month for me.

One of the positive parts of my month is that I have consistently been working out, besides when I was in the hospital. I have 663 exercise minutes from the 7th to the 31st, which is from working out 4 or 5 days a week. That is something I am incredibly proud of because I have not worked out in a long time. It has been a few years since I was working out consistently. The last time I was doing this consistently, I lost 75 pounds. Honestly, though, that seems like forever ago because I gained all that weight back plus 15 more pounds.

When my fiance and I joined the gym and had our fitness evaluations, I was shocked by my numbers. How did I let myself get to 330 pounds with 46.8% body fat? Don't get me wrong, I was incredibly happy to see my lean body mass at 177 pounds but having 149 pounds of body fat was something that I was embarrassed about for sure. There I was sitting in a room with my fiance, who is already in the healthy body fat range and our trainer who is in incredible shape. And then there was me, 330 pounds with 46.8% body fat. I honestly never wanted Zak to know how much I weighed because I am incredibly embarrassed by the fact that the number is so high. But, now he knows and still loves me anyway. And now I am doing something about my weight and body fat percentage. I have been keeping track of my weight, caloric intake and my exercise minutes and calories burned. My next fitness evaluation is on the 7th and I am excited to see what my numbers will be, I'm hoping for a decrease of weight and body fat percentage, and an increase in lean body mass. I know that I have lost weight, at least that is what my scale at home says. According to that scale, I have lost around 6 pounds.

I have had a love-hate relationship with my nutrition over the past few weeks. There were 6 days where I binged and did not even track all of my calories. That number is definitely not one that can stay that high. Also, when I was in the hospital, typically I was eating more than I realized and went over my calories. I had 4 days of that but now that I am home again, I am able to correct my eating patterns. Honestly, I am surprised by the amount of my weight loss because of these days.

I've gone on long enough though. I cannot wait to share my results on the 7th. Until next time!

~Sara~

No comments:

Post a Comment