Monday, January 14, 2013

Year 1 Day 115 (Day 480)

It's a beautiful day, cold, but the sun is shining. This morning I stepped on the scale even though it's not my official weigh-in day. But I wanted to start fresh today and see where my weight is at currently. Honestly, I was expecting a gain or to at least maintain my weight. Amazingly enough, I lost .8 lbs! :) I couldn't believe it because I have ate so much unhealthy food and way too much of it the past few days. Somehow I must have still ate at a deficit throughout the week, so I'll take it. But I can't continue eating the way that I have, because the weight won't keep coming off.

I was thinking last night and this morning that if I have some weekly goals it may help me along this journey. So today I'm coming up with some weekly goals. This week my major goal is my diet, I need to stay right around my calorie goal. Mostly I'm focusing on this because I am unable to do heavy exercise while on this antibiotic, only 9 days left until I can get back to it. :) Along with my diet, I am going to focus on rejuvenating myself emotionally. I've been so stressed and emotionally drained for the past month or so and I think that becoming new emotionally will help a lot.

Yesterday I did not do a good job of tracking, so I can't really give a full breakdown of my food. But I do know that I was over 3000 calories, which is about maintenance for me at my current weight. Sadly, what I ate yesterday would have been pretty normal for the old me. Tonight I made a delicious and healthy meal, chicken, green beans and oven roasted garlic red potatoes. It was quite delicious, if I do say so myself, I could have made an entire meal out of those potatoes. :)

But I suppose, it's time to watch my shows and get ready to Skype with my love. So until next time.

~Sara~

3 comments:

  1. .8 is better than a gain. I find goal setting helps too. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, that .8 loss was awesome. You don't even want to know what I ate the few days before that.

      I've always set yearly and monthly goals, but I find that even that time frame is too long. So the weekly goals may be really important, we'll see how it goes.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete